DIRECTOR’S BIO – Eben Skilleter is an independent filmmaker based in the United Kingdom. He makes quality shorts for film festival submission. Brian & the Grim Reaper was his first short film and was accepted at 6 film festivals. To date he has received 17 film festival acceptances.
He worked on four short films in 2016 alone and is currently in pre-production on his biggest one yet! Eben hopes one day to direct feature films.
– Boxes (2018) – Short Film – accepted at 4 film festivals, winning two!
– Speechless (2017) – Short Film – accepted at 2 film festivals
– Altum Minimum (2016) – Short Film – Runner-up at Making Waves Film Festival 2016
– ‘Thunder’ Under Control (2016) – Short Film – Selected for Sandbar International Film Awards 2016 and My True Colours Festival 2016
– The Boxer & Her Trainer (2016) – Short Film – Selected for Walthamstow International Film Festival 2016
– Brian & the Grim Reaper (2015) – Short Film – accepted at 6 Film Festivals, winning one
Eben is the son of renowned Jaguar Cars historian Paul Skilleter, whose company he works for.
Contrary to popular belief, his first name isn’t Welsh in origin. It can be found in the Old Testament.
Eben’s directing debut was a one-act play that he also wrote entitled My Zombie Grandpa. It featured an octogenarian in the title role.